The Canadian Aesthetics Association (CAA) is a regulatory organization of dedicated professionals eager to raise the bar for professional aestheticians and to bring proper public recognition and appreciation for the aesthetics field.We are recognized by Health Canada.
In addition to providing a high and uniform set of standards to which our members follow, the association approves & runs seminars for continuing education to ensure CAA members are at the top of their chosen professional field. Recognition by the the Canadian Aesthetics Association is a client's guarantee of the level of service, knowledge & safety that they can expect from its members.
Look for the Canadian Aesthetics Association certificate with a current year seal at your skin care clinic.
CANADIAN AESTHETIC ASSOCIATION PURPOSE
- Elevate standards of aesthetics practice for skin care and body treatments as outlined by Health Canada
- Promote the aesthetics industry
- Assist in the training and examination in the aesthetics field
- Make available and organize continuing education for members
- Liaise with members or representatives of other jurisdictions on matters concerning both
- Liaise with organizations representing groups or industries affiliated with aesthetics
- Liaise with appropriate government ministries, departments and agencies
MEDICAL AESTHETICS CERTIFICATION
Part of the Canadian Aesthetics Association is to provide training and lisencing for medical aesthetics. To be certified as a medical aesthetician, one must first be graduated from a recognized Canadian aesthetics school. Second, one must take additional educational courses, some of which CAA provides, to aquire a total of 10 credits. Each course will count for 2-3 credits, depending on length and material covered.
05.01.2010 Canadian Aesthetics Association is founded to ensure public confidence in professional aesthetics.